Well, it’s that time of the week. Within the next 2 hours I’ll be shutting down the computer, email etc, and starting Sabbath with the family. So as we head into the weekend, I thought I’d take a few minutes & get all of the stuff that is bouncing around in my head out.
- First off, just a quick reminder for all of you in Ithaca that we will only be having one service this Sunday due to the Memorial Weekend Holiday. We’ll be starting at 10 am. (I think this message will be a key one for everyone who is going through this series.)
- Speaking of the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality series, I’d love to hear any stories of how God has been working in your life through this!
- We are still working out what we’ll be doing this summer for our small groups. At this point in time it appears that we will not be having our normal kinship groups this summer, but may do something similar to what we did last summer (an event at the church one night per week), but we would plan on having a few options. We’ll keep you up to date over the next 2-3 weeks.
- I can’t go into any details at this point, but I received an email today that I’m quite excited about. I think it could have a very positive impact on me my, my family & our church. (that doesn’t seem fair leaving that out there like that, does it? Sorry, but I’ll let you know more when I know more:-)
- Family things I’m looking forward to this weekend…hiking & going for a picnic with the family tomorrow (weather permitting), and another picnic on Monday. We’ll probably do some additional planning on our trip to Ireland (Looks like we’re taking a bit of a side trip as well to include Wales & Scotland..we should probably figure out how we’re getting from the UK over to Ireland at some point too.) I think we are also painting the kitchen this weekend, but that really cannot be included under “things I’m looking forward to.”
- Over the past month, I’ve been working on, thinking about a “rule of life.” (more on that in a few weeks) One of the things that I added to my rule was reading at least one book every 2 months just for fun. So I’ve been reading a spy novel I picked up at the Friends of the Library Book Sale this week.
- It still seems weird to me that the main stars of the 3 big shows that ended this week were all named Jack (Sheppard, Bauer & McCoy).
- When you come to church this Sunday, you should notice a bit of a difference in the dumpster situation. Our landlord’s guys have been working hard on remedying the situation!
Well, I guess that’s it for this week. Hope you have a great weekend & maybe we’ll see you on Sunday (@ 10 am).